KOYO sta4195 Bearing
The SNR story begins in Oerlikon, Switzerland, where Jacques Schmidt made the first rings and balls of the future tempered steel bearings. He named his company SRO (S for Schmidt; R for Roost, his wife’s surname; and O for Oerlikon) and, in 1894, registered his SRO ball bearing patent and made SRO the only ball bearing supplier in France.
SRO opened a factory in Annecy, France to supply the French military aeronautic industry during WWI. In the 1920’s, SRO built three new facilities to meet increasing demand for ball and roller bearings, thrust bearings, and bearing blocks. Automation of production boosted productivity throughout the 1930’s, and, by the eve of WWII, SRO had nearly 1,300 employees and produced 1.5 million bearings annually.
After WWII, the Annecy factory was sold to Renault National State controlled factories, and SNR was created in 1946.
Throughout the next few decades, the French industry flourished, particularly in the automotive sector, and SNR’s production jumped to 80,000 bearings per day. Five more plants were built throughout Europe between 1960 and 1972, adding to SNR’s booming production. By the mid-1970’s, SNR employed more than 3,000 workers and production reached 200,000 bearings per day.
Facing increased competition and a changing landscape, SNR focused its efforts on quality and, in 1990, became the first bearing manufacturer to obtain ISO-9001 certification. In 1997, SNR’s ASB© bearing was awarded the first innovation prize at the Equip Auto Show. The commercial success that followed the award has now made ASB© a world standard.
- 90,000 mm x 160,000 mm x 30,000 mm SNR NU218EG15 cylindrical roller bearings
- 1.0000 in
- 2680 lbf
- 30,000 mm x 62,000 mm x 16,000 mm SNR 6206E deep groove ball bearings
- 60 mm
- Oil Grooves And Holes In Outer Ring
- SNR EXPA202 bearing units
- Lead, PTFE
- 75 mm x 130 mm x 25 mm SNR 7215CG1UJ74 angular contact ball bearings
- 7-15/16 in
- SNR 23024EAW33 thrust roller bearings
- 1.9375 in
- Standard Duty
- 120 mm x 180 mm x 28 mm SNR 7024CVUJ74 angular contact ball bearings
- 3.1875 in
- 3.7500 in
- 90 mm x 160 mm x 72,5 mm SNR EX218G2 deep groove ball bearings
- 4.9375 in
- Powder Coat
- SNR UCF322 bearing units
- 0.6250 in
- 1000 lb
- SNR UK211 deep groove ball bearings
- 70 mm
- -30 of +200 °C